Wanted… Programmers, Engineers, Broadcasters, Journalists, Administrative Assistants, Bloggers, Grant writers, and more!
Classic Soul Radio is an all-volunteer-driven, Internet-based radio station. All volunteers are unpaid staff who do this for the love of the community, the music and Talk Radio. We are always looking for volunteers to join us. There are a variety of volunteer opportunities for ongoing programs, special projects, and specific events! Interested in being part of the exciting world of online radio broadcasting? Become a volunteer with the station and put your valuable assets to great use.
Write entertaining and informative articles related but not limited to, celebrity news, music, current events, sports, and fashion. Update the site on a regular basis. Build new and maintain current readers.
- Basic reading and writing skills needed.
- Must have a love and passion for informing people. We are especially interested in human interest stories and local community news/activities.
- Will have a specific area of concentration or interest, e.g., health, local politics, music, the arts, the environment, sports, theatre & film, non-profit issues, community issues, current events, etc.
- Provide links to a few of your previous posts showing us samples of your work.
- Provide your background and why your work should be on Classic Soul Radio.org
- Provide your contact information (website, email address, Twitter, Facebook)
Note: All volunteer positions at Classic Soul Radio are non-paid. Full or part-time positions are available throughout the year on an as-needed basis. There are no application deadlines. Resumes, along with cover letters are accepted throughout the year. Resumes and cover letters are kept on file for six months and considered each time a position becomes available.
To volunteer your time, applicants should submit a cover letter with the information requested below, when applicable. We will be in touch with you within a few days to notify you of the next step…
Volunteer opportunities are flexible to accommodate applicants’ schedules, allowing applicants to gain valuable experience as they work with skilled and knowledgeable Classic Soul Radio staff members. Staff members can share knowledge, career advice, work-place mentoring and specifically tailored assignments to match the applicants’ desire to learn and gain valuable experience while meeting Classic Soul Radio’s mission.
To register your interest in a Volunteer position, applicants should email their resume, along with a cover letter stating your area of interest, to:
Your cover letter should include the following information:
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Gender and Age
- Desired area of focus
- List any Hobbies/Special Skills
- What are the names of your three favorite musicians?
- Where do you go to hear live music?
- Why do you wish to volunteer at Classic Soul Radio?
- Do you have a car or access to very reliable means of transportation?
- Do you have access to a fax machine?
- Do you have a digital camera?
All those selected as members of Classic Soul Radio’s Volunteers will need to attend a brief webinar orientation.
Due to overwhelming requests, we cannot reply to each applicant’s letter of inquiry. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Thanks for your interest!