In New York City, the percentage of government contracts going to firms owned by women or minorities has languished in the single digits. At the state level, strong growth in the share of contracts going to these minority- and women-owned business enterprises, or MWBEs, has slowed in recent years. City & State reports.
- Happy Birthday To The Matriarch Of The Jackson Family Katherine Jackson!
- An Evening of Fandango & Afro Latin Jazz
- Marvin Gaye stamp from the U.S. Post Office
- Marvin Gaye’s Lost Album Finds Him at the Peak of His Creativity
- Support Classic Soul Radio during this holiday season
- Simone Biles Becomes First Woman to Win 4 All-Around World Titles
- Wesley Snipes Ordered to Pay Back Millions to the IRS
- Aretha Franklin’s Michigan Home on the Market for $800k
- Danye Jones, Son of Ferguson Activist Found Lynched in His Mother’s Backyard
- Oprah to Interview Michelle Obama About Her Memoir ‘Becoming’ on Chicago Book Tour Stop