We receive many music submissions and are unable to listen to all of them but we do try to get through as many as possible. If we don’t get back to you promptly or if you don’t see your submission, it’s not necessarily because we don’t like what you’ve sent, so please do keep in touch with any future releases as they come out, and please be patient! You just might hear your track, see your video, or be featured prominently!
So, how do I submit my music?
ALL Submissions MUST adhere to the following guidelines.
Artists and Managers: If you are sending us your music, please do the following:
- DO NOT SEND BLIND EMAILS!! A message of introduction will suffice if you genuinely want your music featured on ClassicSoulradio.org. We’re much more likely to feature your music if you show some professional courtesy.
- Make sure Tracks are “Clean” edits.
- Make sure your ID3 tags are correct in “Artist/Title” format (For Tracking Purposes).
- Make sure you send files in MP3 format. You can send the direct URL of the MP3 file.
- Make sure files are compressed in at least 128kbps.
- A streamable link to the track on a site such as Soundcloud, Audiomack, Bandcamp, Datpiff, zshare or Hulkshare and if there is not an option of downloading the MP3 on the stream link, please attach the MP3. If the song is not yet in the public domain and you wish to keep it private, just attach the MP3.
- Make sure you send your artist bio (who you are, where you’re from, your influences and musical journey, etc., etc.) in a Word document format so we can do a feature article on you. Talk a little bit about the track(s) such as the concept behind it, how it evolved, etc. The more you tell us about yourself and the track, the more we can write about it! Add anything you deem relevant or want your audience/fans to know!
- Your best high resolution publicity photo, along with your contact info (email, web site, social media network links, etc.) and the song’s artwork. If you do not have any professional promo photos, we strongly suggest you get some ASAP!
- Provide us a link to your promotional video(s) if available [YouTube, Vimeo, etc.]. If you are submitting a video, please still include photos and the MP3.
You can also use our SoundCloud Dropbox to submit your music:
You can also mail CDs and promotional materials to:
Classic Soul Radio
Attn: General Manager
P.O. Box 650-086
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365-9994
CSR DOES NOT ACCEPT WALK IN’s.
MUSIC SUBMISSION MUST BE DONE BY MAIL or E-MAIL ONLY!
Finally, as we support and promote you, we ask that you do the same for us. This is mandatory and it’s all we ask! Begin by:
Clicking the “LIKE” button on our Facebook social plugin interface (located in the right-hand column of this page), and/or
Click here and “Follow Classic Soul Radio on Twitter,” and/or
Click here to become a registered member of this site.
You are welcomed to display ClassicSoulRadio.org banners, buttons or links on your web pages, blogs, forums or homepages. Just cut and paste the desired code next to the logo you want. Thanks for linking to us and for helping spread ClassicSoulRadio.org to the rest of the world!
If you are submitting a mixtape, album or EP, please include a link to stream it (ie. Soundcloud, Audiomack, Bandcamp, Datpiff, zshare or Hulkshare), and all in one download link. Let us know which are the best songs.
PR Companies: If you’d like to add ClassicSoulRadio.org to your mailing list, feel free to do so, but please do get in touch and introduce yourself first, otherwise you’ll end up in our spam folder. Due to the often detached nature of many companies, priority is given to artists submitting their music directly, but if you consistently offer quality music or can provide something that will benefit both of us, such as interview opportunities, giveaways, etc., we’ll be much more likely to feature your music.
Send Your Music to:
Anything without a subject line will end up in our spam folder.
Classic Soul Radio looks forward to hearing from you!